The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program prepares international students for vocational or tertiary-level study in Australia and other contexts where English is the language of instruction.
The course aims to develop students' awareness, knowledge and skills in the use of English as the language of teaching and learning in a vocational and/or university environment.
Learning activities will focus on writing, reading and listening, grammar and vocabulary development, oral presentation skills, research skills and web literacy. There will be an emphasis on the development of critical literacy and critical thinking throughout the course.
By engaging in such activities, students will gain increased confidence in using English to communicate in academic contexts at Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
Duration: 2 to 60 weeksCourse Decription:
- 20 hours in-class and 5 hours Accelerate
- 10 week modules followed by 1 week of structured break
- Daily coursebook-based core lessons followed by afternoon academic skill and language focused lessons
- Pathway into selected Australian universities
- Regular academic and progress reporting through the BROWNS Passport